Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Creamy Succa


1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (10 oz.) can original Rotel, well drained
1 tsp. minced garlic
3 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Basil, to taste
Sugar, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste

In a medium pot, add tomato sauce and Rotel. Season with basil, sugar, and garlic powder (like you are making a regular pasta sauce). Once it is at the desired taste, add cream cheese. Stir until melted. Add heavy whipping cream, using more, if needed, to reach desired consistency and taste. Next add a few shakes of Parmesan cheese over the top of the sauce, along with the mozzarella cheese and minced garlic. Continue to taste and add spices, as needed, to reach desired taste.

I would first like to say that I love succa. I learned from the best, and I have to say that I feel quite confident that I make a kick butt pasta sauce. Last night when I got home, I decided that I wanted to have pasta for dinner, but I didn't feel like getting back out just to go purchase sauce. So I decided to throw something together to see what I could make. At first I was just going to make a plain succa. Then as I continued to make it, I wished that I had some alfredo sauce to add to it as well. Typically not something we have on hand, so I was a little bummed. And then a light went off. We had cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, and heavy whipping cream. The perfect storm! So little by little I added everything, and ended up with this amazing creation. Vann brought home some AWESOME cheese sticks he made at work (thank you Domino's!), and it turned into the perfect meal! I apologize for not having exact measurements for the spices, but that's just not how I roll. I add and adjust as needed until it's the way we like it. And I usually don't add Rotel to our sauce, but it was all that I had, and it actually worked perfectly! It added just the right kick. I took the sauce to work today and it was just as incredible as it was last night. I would suggest not serving this sauce over regular spaghetti. It tasted great, but it just didn't grab on to the goodness as much as I had hoped. Next time I make this, I will either use elbow, macaroni, or rotini noodles. Something to really get ahold of the tastiness! This is a great spin on the already amazing succa! (Pronounced soo-ka, for those who were wondering) :)

0 barks: