Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Creamy Garlic Pasta

Adapted from: thecheesepusher.tumblr.com

2 tsp. olive oil
4 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb. angel hair pasta
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. parsley (recipe called for fresh, but we just used dried. It was still super tasty)

In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and allow to melt. Next, add chicken stock, salt, and pepper. Raise to high heat and let it come to a boil. Once stock is a rolling boil, add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reduce heat to medium low; add cheese, stirring until melted. Remove pot completely from heat, then add heavy cream and parsley, mixing until well combined. Serve immediately.

Aaaaand once again I found this recipe on Pinterest. Shocked? Me either. But it's true, and that seems to be quite the trend lately. I have about 600 recipes that I want to try on Pinterest alone. Add that to the other recipes on different websites that I have on my "to try" list, and I would probably have to whip up at least 5 a day to knock out my over-zealous recipe list. It's a doable goal if we were millionaires, and we could just stay at home all day and cook. Of course then we wouldn't be living in an apartment.... I'd have a kick butt kitchen, to say the least. But the reality is that we work. A lot. And we do live in a wonderful apartment, but the kitchen is a little smaller than I desire (my dream kitchen would be GIGANTIC. With self-cleaning pots and dishes. Ha! :) ). And it's rare that I have the time, and the energy, to whip up a good meal nowadays. That's what makes THIS recipe so freaking awesome. It is a one pot meal. ONE POT! That's all it takes! This was creamy and delicious. I doubled it, and I thought it may be too much, but it was perfect. We had enough for dinner last night, lunch today, and dinner again tonight. Wise decision for a busy little family like ours :)



0 barks: