Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Taco Bake

1 lb. ground round
1 pkg. taco seasoning
15 oz. can tomatoes with green chilis
8 oz. seashell pasta (I used wheel pasta)
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Brown ground beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomatoes with chilis. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. In the meantime, cook pasta according to directions; drain. Mix softened cream cheese and sour cream in separate bowl. Spray bottom of 9x13-inch pan with Pam. Put pasta in bottom of pan. Spread cream cheese mixture over pasta. Spoon ground beef mixture over this. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool about 15-20 minutes before serving.

Bah! This was delicious! I made this and the Sloppy Joes at the same time so basically I wouldn't have to cook for the rest of the week. Along with this Vann made some hot Rotel, and we got some crescent rolls to dip in it. By the time I should have eaten dinner I couldn't because I was so full from snacking on everything. However, that's why leftovers are sooooo wonderful, because now I can enjoy each dish the way it should be enjoyed! In fact, I'm going to go heat up some Sloppy Joes and maybe have a little spoonful of Taco Bake on the side...or do I want a full serving of Taco Bake and a Sloppy Joe later? Oy! The choices you have to make when you make too many good dishes all at once, tehehe :) Hope you all enjoy! By the way, next time I make both of these, I think I'm going to use ground turkey instead of ground round. The ground round was good, but I like ground turkey a lot better. But don't tell Vann I said that :)

0 barks: