Friday, May 16, 2008

Loaded Baked Potato Salad


8 potatoes, cubed
2 teaspoons salt
6 slices bacon, diced and crisp cooked
6 green onions
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz. sour cream
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup Miracle Whip

Cube and boil potatoes with salt until soft. Drain. Crumble bacon and slice onions. Combine sour cream, pepper, Miracle Whip, bacon, onions, and cheese. Mix with potatoes. Pour into baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Vann and I went to Winn Dixie the other day, and luckily went over to the deli section to take a gander. Ah, thank goodness we did, because it was then that I stumbled upon their loaded baked potato salad. We ended up getting half a pound of it, and needless to say it didn't make it to the end of the day. Well, instead of paying a butt load over and over again for that wonderful goodness, Vann suggested that I try to find a recipe. Low and behold, I came across this. I was a little worried about how it would turn out...but in the end I had absolutely nothing to fear. I managed to do this with just one electric eye and a toaster oven, and even then it was simple. However, next time I am going to replace the Miracle Whip with mayo and see if I like that even more (I'm not exactly Miracle Whip's #1 fan...).

0 barks: