Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Favorite Chicken Casserole


2 cups cooked chicken
1 cup chopped celery
1 medium onion, chopped
2/3 cup mayonaisse
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups crushed potato chips

Cut chicken into pieces. Mix soup and mayo with chicken. Add the rest of the ingredients, but only half of the potato chips. Blend well. Pour into casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining potato chips. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Best served with chicken flavored rice.

Ok folks. This is a recipe that everyone should always have handy. I'll be honest...this is my favorite dish. Period. If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life, this would be it. Trust me, it's that good! Fresh out of the oven, refrigerated, leftover, you just can't beat it. I would go ahead and recommend doubling it, because you'll need to! And don't even fiddle with mixing everything in a separate bowl. Just throw everything into the casserole dish, stir it all together, then throw it in the oven. It's a simple dish that screams comfort food. You can't beat that!

1 barks:

Caro said...

Oooooh I cannot wait to make this. Making some for one of my friends and she wanted a yummy "suthun" dish. Mmmmmmmhh, I am getting hungry just thinkin' about it and I just ate. Ha!