Monday, September 24, 2012

Amazing Artichoke Bread


Adapted From: www.crumbblog.com

2 Tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, pressed (I used 2 tsp. minced garlic)
1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese blend
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1 large shallot, finely minced (I just used a yellow onion since I couldn't find a shallot)
1 small loaf ciabatta bread
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat broiler and line baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in artichoke hearts, mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, sour cream, and shallot until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Slice the bread lengthwise. Place the bread halves on prepared baking sheet, cut side up, and spoon the artichoke mixture over the top. Broil until cheese is melted and bread is hot. Cut each side into individual pieces and serve hot.

I love artichoke dip. In fact, I love pretty much any dip. They just make me happy. I saw a pin on Pinterest and added it to my "We Are Making This" folder. I go to open the link  one lovely day and the stupid thing just opened the picture. No recipe, no nothing. Just the picture. My heart was so sad. All I wanted was to try this bread, and it all just fell apart after one little click of the mouse. Luckily for me, though, there's Google! So I went on there and ended up finding this recipe. I could have eaten the whole loaf completely by myself and not felt guilty about it until I stepped on the scale a few weeks later! If you love artichoke dip, spinach and artichoke dip, dip in general, try this recipe! It is incredible!

0 barks: