Monday, April 2, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cake


For the Cake:
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted

For the Topping:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

For the Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

To make the cake: Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

To make the topping: Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

To make the glaze: Combine all ingredients. Drizzle over the cake while it is still warm.

I know that this picture is horendous, but I'm ok with that, because this cake was absolutely to die for. Vann's bachelor party was this past Friday night, and I wanted to make something that the guys could snack on while playing pool and having a few beers. At first I was going to make cookies, but then decided that it would take a little too much time, and so I settled on this. Courtesy of Pinterest and cookinupnorth.blogspot.com (who got this recipe from life as a lofthouse....see? I'm no the only one getting recipes from her blog!), I was able to whip this up in no time, and it made the house smell like Heaven. I have never been so sad to watch a dessert walk out the door. I can't wait to make this again when Vann and I can have it all to ourselves!!!

0 barks: