Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pizza Pockets

2 cans crescent rolls
8 slices provolone cheese
shredded italian cheese
pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, etc.
italian seasoning
basil
oregano
4 Tbsp. butter, melted
Croutons, crushed


Take 2 cresecent rolls triangles and form into a rectangle. Pinch the perforations together well so there are no open spaces. Sprinkle a dash of each seasoning on dough. Then, layer cheeses and whatever toppings you choose. Fold and pinch each corner together until there are no openings. Coat the top of each pocket with butter, then sprinkle with crushed croutons. Bake at 350°for 12-15 minutes, or until each pocket is golden brown. Great dipped in Kroger six cheese pizza sauce.

So yesterday when I got off work, I was bound and determined to try one more thing before Vann's sister's recipe shower. I had a few things in mind, but I was just so exhausted I didn't feel like putting in the time to make them (isn't that awful?). So I sat there and pondered, and thought, and pondered some more. Well, I happened to come across a recipe for Chicken Crescent Pockets. They sounded delicious, but in my opinion they still required too much work (ya'll don't understand, I was feeling the ultimate lazy yesterday....sad, I know). But then I got to thinking about it, and I thought that they would be absolutely wonderful with pizza toppings inside. And there you have it, folks. That is how pizza pockets were born. Sorry there aren't really any specific measurements. This is one of those recipes that you just take and have your way with. I put basil, oregano, italian seasoning, Italian cheese blend, provolone, pepperoni, and dried onions in ours. And for the croutons we bought a $1 bag of Kroger brand garlic and cheese croutons. Mmmmm, they added such a nice finishing touch to the whole shebang. We decided that these are most definitely going into our meal rotation. So, go have fun and make these the way you like 'em! Be careful, though, because these little pockets fill up quick!

0 barks: