Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Parmesan-Dijon Chicken


1 3/4 pound chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian....of course)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard

In a bowl, mix melted butter and Dijon mustard together. Put bread crumbs and parmesan into a large freezer bag. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then put into bag, shaking well until chicken is completely covered. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, flipping once.

I have been wanting to make this chicken FOREVER, but just haven't had the time to due to Vann and I's popularity (tehehe!). I went into this project thinking that we wouldn't be able to taste the mustard on the chicken once it was done, but boy was I wrong! I ended up cutting the ginormous chicken breasts into smaller pieces, which made devouring them so much easier to do since we didn't have to use a fork and knife to get the goods in our mouths (that's what hands are for, right?). The chicken was so incredibly juicy. The flavors were different, but in a really good way. And, as always, we had to think of a way for Vann to make it into a sandwich. I believe he ended up melting some provolone over the chicken, and then added more Dijon to the mix, and placed it on a hamburger bun. However, I'm not quite sure, so I'll have to update you as soon as I get my facts straight.

0 barks: