Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hot Bacon and Swiss Dip


Adapted from: macaroniandcheesecake.com

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup ritz crackers, crushed
1 pkg. real bacon bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, swiss cheese, and onion. Spread cream cheese mixture into baking dish. Top cream cheese mixture with crackers, then bacon, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until dip is bubbly.

This is addicting... ridiculously addicting! I found this recipe via Pinterest (we might as well assume that this is the case unless otherwise stated, because that is where I have been getting ALL of my recipes from lately!), and decided that it would be the perfect appetizer to make for the family when they came over to celebrate Vann's birthday. Luckily that day was today, and this went over like crazy! In fact, none of it is left.... and I doubled it! Our nephew has even requested that I make this again next time we all get together. I know that I've done good when even the kiddos like the dip! I bought tortilla chips to eat with this, but I personally believe that the ritz crackers tasted better. And if you happen to have some buttered french bread laying around, go ahead and scoop a little bit on that, too. Sinful!


2 barks:

Carole said...

Hi there, this is a really nice post. It would be great if you linked to it in my Food on Friday series. Food on Friday – Bacon

Unknown said...

LOVED this dip! Delish!!!