Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thursday Date Night...At Home!


Ever since Vann and I went to the beach a couple of weeks ago, I have been wanting to try my hand at making some fish at home. I have only tried making fish one time, and it was a disaster. The fish wasn't as fresh as it should have been, and the cooking method was supposed to be on the grill. But considering at the time we did not have a grill to cook said fish on, I settled for cooking it in our toaster oven...DI-SAS-TER. It ended up taking forever to cook, and even after what seemed like a million years in that poor little oven, it was still all soggy and the coloring was more than a littly funky. I consider myself to be a pretty awesome cook, and usually will try a recipe more than once if I fail the first time (which is rare....haha! Cocky much?!?). But my fishy failure was more than enough to discourage me from making anything from the sea for years now. However, I have decided to put my big girl pants on and take a new recipe head on. So, below is our Thursday In House Date Night Dinner Menu...best of luck to me!

I would also like to mention that I am a little nervous about the banana daquiri. I have absolutely no recipe to go on, just a description from the Fudpucker's menu. A creamy vanilla milkshake infused with banana rum... yeah, it was delicious! So delicious that I am ready to come up with my own recipe to knock Vann's socks off. Let's hope it works :)

* Banana Daquiri
* Dijonnaise Tilapia
* Wild Rice
* Green Beans cooked with onion, chicken bouillion, and bacon
* Dinner Rolls

0 barks: