Friday, September 19, 2008

Chicken Rotel


1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 pound Velveeta, cubed
1 stick butter
1 small can English Peas
2 cans Rotel, not drained
1 onion, chopped
1 box Angel Hair Pasta
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta until al dente. In a saucepan, saute onions in 3/4 stick of butter. Add Velveeta, Rotel, and peas. In a casserole dish, combine pasta, cheese sauce, and chicken. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

This is an AMAZING recipe that my friend Elisabeth gave me a while back. Now, her recipe is actually different from this one. This is the way that Vann and I make it, and everyone that has tried it has LOVED it. Heck, Vann's brother-in-law even called it "chicken heaven" when he tasted it. You can't beat that!

Now, I actually put the onion in a food processor until it's almost mush, or until each piece is about the size of a McDonald's onion since Vann doesn't really like onions (I'm working on it....). Now, this recipe is good for about 6 people or so. This is great for us because we love leftovers, and this is DEFINITELY great leftover. In fact, I think it tastes even better the next day. This is an easy dish that I guarantee everyone will enjoy. :)

0 barks: